In just 15 minutes you can create this beautiful and super delicious pesto courgetti/zoodles recipe with green basil pesto and king prawns. Gluten-free, paleo and super nutritious thanks to the courgette noodles!
You can make your own pesto if you prefer, but otherwise a good quality basil pesto is needed for this spiralized meal, preferably one that is made with extra-virgin olive oil and not with vegetable/sunflower oil. Always keep a jar of pesto in your fridge as you can easily turn any spiralized vegetables into a super delicious pasta-like main.
If you follow a paleo diet, you should be aware that most store-bought pesto brands contain Parmesan. If you are trying to avoid dairy for any reason, it’s probably best to make your own pesto without any cheese, but otherwise it shouldn’t be a concern for you.
You can make this pesto courgetti recipe with two of the bodyharmonik spiralizer blades – the mini noodle blade or the large noodle blade. It’s up to you which size you prefer. You can learn more about the blades here.
Yields 1 serving
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh, cleaned king prawns
- 1 spiralized courgette/ zucchini
- 2-3 tbsp of basil pesto (dairy-free if paleo)
- handful of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- handful of cubed mozzarella (skip if paleo)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste (optional)
- Heat a pan to a medium temperature with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3-5 minutes, making sure both sides of the prawns are cooked.
- Add the spiralized courgette and cook for another 3-4, minutes with a lid on to allow the courgetti to soften.
- Often courgettes release a lot of water while they are cooked, so before you continue drain any water out of the pan.
- Add the green pesto and the rest of the ingredients and cook for another minute or two to allow the mozzarella to melt in the sauce.
Double the recipe ingredients to make it for 2.
Tip: Keep a few spiralized courgettes in the fridge so you can easily prepare meals like that with almost no preparation.