The bodyharmonik spiralizer allows you to create mini and large noodles as well as ribbons with the three spiralizer blades included.
In this post you are going to find out what are the best fruits and veggies you can use with the different blades and meal ideas for the different types of shapes and spirals.
mini noodle blade
The mini noodle blade is ideal for making meals that are a low-carb spaghetti alternative. The blade is about 3mm wide and it allows you to transform vegetables and fruits into thin noodles.
Here are some of the fruits and vegetables you can use with the mini noodle blade:
- Courgette – probably the closest alternative to wheat spaghetti. Ideal with different pasta sauces and pesto. It’s best to use this blade for courgettes if you plan on eating them raw. If you plan on cooking them, it’s best to use the Large noodle blade as they reduce their size when cooked.
- Butternut squash (only the part without the seeds) – great on it’s own in a salad, or on the side of main meal. Tastes great cooked with basil pesto, the saltiness of the pesto with the sweetness of the butternut squash is a great combination.
- Carrot (large) – you can make beautiful fresh carrot salads or you can prepare it in a similar way to the butternut squash.
- Parsnip – another great spaghetti alternative, they are best cooked with a light sauce or you can also have them raw, although less common.
- Sweet potatoes – you can gently cook them with a herb-garlic sauce, or just like the butternut squash sweet potato noodles are also great with basil pesto and fresh cherry tomatoes and nuts.
- Apple & Pear – with apple and pear noodles you can create a truly delicious breakfast. Add some yogurt, nuts, cinnamon and any other fruits you might like.
large noodle blade
The large noodle blade will allow you to spiralize the same vegetables and fruits you would spiralize with the mini blade. However the noodles will be slightly larger as this blade is around 6mm wide.
It’s up to you which one you like more as people have different preferences. Some prefer the large noodle blade for courgettes, because when they are cooked they reduce in size. However both the mini and large noodle blade are great for all types of vegetables and fruits listed.
With the ribbon blade you can create incredibly impressive salads as well as delicious chips! This one will create a different type of shape from the first two spiralizer blades. You can also use it to create beautiful ribbons to add to your water if you like to have infused water.
Here are some of the fruits and vegetables you can use with the ribbon blade:
- Cucumber – create beautiful ribbons for salads or for infused water.
- Beetroot – beetroot ribbons can add lots of colour and nutrients to your salad!
- Radish – radishes are quite small so a large part of the vegetable is left over when spiralized, however don’t throw these away and try to reuse them. You might find that your kids love the remaining part of the radish as it looks like a small pink mushroom.
- Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes – you can create amazing, thing crispy chips with the ribbon blade. Instead of frying it though, you can bake the spiralized potato ribbons in the oven (covered in olive oil) and you will not be able o resist them! Sprinkle some salt, pepper and/or chilli powder for an extra kick.
- Onion – does onion make you cry? Well don’t worry, with the spiralizer you cab quickly turn the onion spirals so you can easily add it to a cooked meal.
So this is how you can use your bodyharmonik spiralizer blades. Hopefully this post has given you some good ideas to inspire you to create some wholesome vegetable noodle meals! If you need some recipe ideas, check out the recipe page.