Indulge with this delicious vegetarian tomato courgetti (zoodles) recipe that feels like a proper Italian tomato pasta. This spiralized meal is full of nutrients and free from any processed carbohydrates and gluten. You can easily make it vegan, simply by skipping the mozzarella.
This recipe is full of vegetable goodness. The star of this meal is the spiralized courgette of course, combined with delicious tomato pesto, fresh tomatoes, olives, avocado and aromatic fresh basil.
For this tomato courgetti, you can make your own pesto if you prefer, but otherwise a good quality tomato pesto is needed, preferably one that is made with extra-virgin olive oil and not with vegetable/sunflower oil. Always keep a jar of pesto in your fridge as you can easily turn any spiralized vegetables into a super delicious pasta-like main. You might also like this green pesto courgetti with prawns recipe, which is made with basil pesto.
You can make this pesto courgetti recipe with two of the bodyharmonik spiralizer blades – the mini noodle blade or the large noodle blade. It’s up to you which size you prefer. You can learn more about the blades here.
Yields 1 serving
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- handful of cubed mozzarella (skip if vegan)
- 2-3 diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olives (pitted & chopped)
- 1/3 cubed avocado
- 2 tbsp tomato pesto
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a pan to a medium temperature with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the courgetti and place the lid on. Let the noodles cook for about 3 minutes. If the courgette has released any water, remove it before proceeding.
- Add the salt, pepper, olives and tomatoes, followed by the pesto and mozzarella. Cook for a few more minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
- Finally add the avocado and fresh basil leaves and serve.
Double to ingredients to make this recipe for 2.